Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thourough Thursday

Gosh- is the week really almost over- but my house isn't even clean yet?!?!?!
Anyway- this week has been very busy.  On Monday, of course, me and Garrison ventured out to Semmes to watch Ryan's Vikings kick Blount's booties.  Ms. Polly, Paul, Celeste, and Ryan's Pawpaw and Nana all were there- so I was not short of helpers!!!  After the game Celeste, Jamie, and the great grandparents came over for dinner- let's just sum up Monday by saying it was exhausting ;)
Oh yea- and before the game I took Garrison to his pediatrician to get his legs looked at.  He has had a bad dry spot on his foot for some time now- but over the weekend it became severe and spread all over his legs and lower body.  It seemed like it was beginning to bother him- he was real fussy and trying to scratch his legs.  Anyway, so we went and he said that he does in fact have eczema.  It wasn't too much of a shocker to me- I was just relieved to know what was going on.  So we have two lotions to put on him the over the counter twice a day and prescription once a day.  Garrison is now the most moisturized person I know!  The lotions seem to be helping it has just been difficult to remember to fit it into our daily schedule.
Tuesday Celeste came over and kept Garrison while I got my haircut and had baby Bug's third OB appointment.  When Celeste got here Garrison walked right up to her and gave her a hug.  It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.  She did have food in her hands though... so it was either out of pure love for Celeste or for the love of McDonalds.  Anyways the haircut went great until I pulled out onto Cottage Hill.  Somewhere between Cottage Hill and Schillenger a random tennis shoe got stuck to the bottom of my dear corolla (there is a piece of my lovely car hanging down from the bottom  that tends to collect things).  Anyways, I drug it all the way to Hobby Lobby- I wanted to DIE!!!!! GRRRRR- I hate my darn car, but it seems to love me, it refuses to give up.  The Toyota mechanic at the last tune up made sure to say right in front of Ryan "this cars got another good 200,000 miles in it"- I wanted to kick him.
After I got the shoe to come off of my car I headed to Dr. Dawkins.  This appointment was just a tummy check.  The baby sounded good and I could actually hear the heartbeat really clearly this time- so that helped to settle my always present nerves.  I also only gained ONE POUND!!! I was so excited the thought of hugging Mrs. Denise (the nurse) actually went through my mind. 
The rest of the week will pretty much be the same old same old, thank goodness!  We had Wednesday night dinner with Mom and Dad while Ryan was at class.  Tonight Ryan will get home earlier (well 6:00) and we will all actually get to hang out! Friday night is football night, and Pawpaw Chuck (Ryan's Dad) is coming to the game and staying with us to help Ryan finish the fence on Saturday.  We have a busy, but fun weekend planned- but I will post pictures of the weekend instead of going on and on about it!  Well this turned out to be really long... I am off to go wash my last load of clothes for the week! WOO HOO!
***Congrats to the Bolerjacks- they found out today they are having another baby girl!  We can't wait to meet Penelope Mae in January***

2 comments:

danielle said...

What a busy week! I'm glad your appt. went well and good for you only gaining 1 pound. I miss you guys.

ajtcarpenter said...

hah! yay for the corolla...if its anything like the old saturn i had it won't die for forever!! I am so proud of you for only gaining 1 pound with bug so far! that is great! by the way, you must call me on Oct. 29 and let me know what you are having!!! We so need to do lunch or something one Saturday or get the families together for a cookout or something :) Call me sometime!