I had never done it either and everything actually turned out!
To make the apple butter I just peeled and cored 13 apples, chopped em up and threw them in my slow cooker.
Then you add the good stuff :
1 1/2 C white sugar
1 C light brown sugar
2 T cinnamon
1/2t ground cloves
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t kosher salt
Stir apples until they are all coated. Then you just cook on high for 1 hour. Then reduce the heat to low. I cooked the apples for 6 hours because it was already 10 o clock p.m. by this time, but the recipe calls for you to cook for 8 to 10 hours. Make sure you stir the apples every now and then.
After they are done cooking you just scoop bit by bit into your blender and whirl them up! If you didn't want to can the "butter" you could freeze it. If you want the directions to canning let me know- I am too lazy/tired to write it all now! But I assure you it is real easy! It was exciting to hear the lids "pop" and seal as they cooled. Ok, now its official I am old, I just sad it was exciting to hear the lids pop...
No comments:
Post a Comment