Today was the first day of "school" for Garrison and Allie-Parker! I can not believe I have two going to school now! The day overall went pretty good. Garrison did as we thought, walked in, said, "bye momma" and started talking to his teacher... non-stop. He was still talking to her when I walked by his room after dropping Ap off :0 Allie-Parker did not go so easily. She ran out of her classroom crying! Ah! I stayed for awhile and she did finally calm down. But poor thing, she just wasn't into it. I asked her on the way home if she wanted to go back in a couple of days and play, to which she replied, "I have toys in me's playroom at home to play with". Fun times. But after we got home and settled in she was very chatty about playing with her buddies and the toys in her classroom, so hopefully school will be fun for her :)
Here are some pics documenting the first day of school!
For breakfast we had a new family favorite, banana dog bites. You can find the recipe here. They are super yummy and veeerrryyy filling. Maybe too heavy in my opinion, but the kids ate them up!
Don't you wish your hair looked like this in the morning?!?!
More breakfast pics... hello crumbs on the table and clothes on the couch :)
After we ate we headed out to take some MORE pictures! I know, can you believe it?
It took one snap to get this picture of Garrison. He is looking so big boyish these days. I can't really say that I like it all that much, but whats a mom to do?
Then we moved on to our little "picture diva". I kid you not, I took 15 pictures of Allie-Parker and these were the best I got!
She was very proud of her new shoes, that she picked out herself. She is also OBSESSED with her lunch box. After every picture she would say, "Did you get me's shoes and box"? I just love that little munchkin :)
Both kiddos got great reports from their teachers. I really think it is going to be a great year!
**Big thanks to my Mom who came over before school to watch Riley-Anne so I didn't have to carry her in**
No comments:
Post a Comment