Thursday, July 24, 2008

White Chicken Pizza- yummie to my tummy!

Now that I am a stay at home wife/mom I do not have any excuses not to have dinner on the table for Ryan when he gets home!  I am constantly trying to find new takes on favorites or typical comfort food.  Our family is big into organic cooking (yes we have bought into it) and using substitutes to reduce salt intake, fat, etc.  So last night we had a Little family favorite homemade pizza! Pizza is easy to make and ridiculously cheaper to make at home instead of ordering out. Here is the recipe for white chicken pizza.
Anyways, last night we made the pizza different. I used a dough mix (about .98 at target) and then for the sauce I mixed 1 tBl. sesame seeds, 1/2C pesto (you can make your own or use prepared), 1/2 cup mayo, 1tBl Dijon mustard and spread over the pizza.  After the sauce was spread we sprinkled over about 6 pieces of crumbled turkey bacon. Of course with pizza you can't not have cheese- use Parmesan cheese to cover and pine nuts.  Follow the directions on the pizza dough box for cooking and in about 15 minutes dinner is ready!
Anyways, just wanted to share the recipe with you guys, I was pretty excited about how it turned out! Pictures and more yummy recipes (if anyone cares :) to come

1 comment:

JD and Danielle said...

Hey Emily. I just started this meals program called e-mealz. You can check out the website at www.e-mealz.com. It is great because they come up with a grocery list and meals for each night. They provide a lot of different ideas and I love it.